Sunday 21 July 2013

July 21st-22nd–Homeward Bound

I’m going to lump two days into one for the first time because really, I haven’t done anything of note! Yesterday morning we had a lazy check out time of 12pm… we headed down to breakfast at 10am and then went straight back to our room to watch Forrest Gump. Not exactly the most adventurous travellers! Both Andy and I have both been in Bangkok before though and we didn’t feel like we had anywhere pressing we wanted to go. Plus, Andy was feeling unwell.

It was for this reason that after checkout at 12pm we went straight to the lounge room and chilled there for another two hours (Andy slept, I continued to plod through my epic book). Eventually Andy started feeling a little better and we decided we better at least see some of Bangkok. So we walked around the neighbourhood for an hour, past a few temples and through a nice little park. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not really a fan of big Asian cities and I don’t exactly love this one. I much preferred Chang Mai in northern Thailand and the smaller towns in Laos. Ah well, at least we saw a bit of Asia on our trip!!

IMG_3599    IMG_3603

Around 3.30pm we grabbed a taxi to the airport – getting to our gate was easy, hardly any lines at all. And then began our long haul back to Sydney. I must say it was nice to see the Qantas plane, to hear Sarah Blasko music playing and to hear the Aussie accents of the air hostesses. I’ve been to many fabulous places the last four weeks but a part of me is definitely happy to be homeward bound, to see friends and family again, to dive into Grease and a whole bunch of new kiddies at work and to just have those familiar comforts back!

Anyway, the trip was relatively uneventful and I got about three to four hours sleep. Soon enough we were in Sydney – and all the lines there. Wow Sydney, you are rivalling LAX here. So silly. Eventually, another plane, this one back to Adelaide!

And then, we were home. The house feels strange after four weeks away and the weather is ridiculously cold, as expected. And here the blogging ends! Thanks to everyone who has followed along, as always I am astounded by how many people have read this thing.

Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment